Traditionally, many homeowners leave it until Spring to place their property on the market, under the assumption that the market improves and selling homes becomes easier. However, our data shows that the first quarter (January, February and March) of the last two years have proved to be among the best time to sell.
You could be at risk of missing the boat should you hold off on your marketing until the lighter nights arrive. As you can see from the graph on the left, activity via Rightmove drops significantly during December, naturally achieving it’s lowest rates on Christmas Day itself. The sharp spike between Christmas and New Year proves that buyers are once more searching; a trend that generally continues throughout the month.
Whilst viewing activity does not always go hand in hand with this, it simply illustrates the benefit of being available during this time.
Some clients become a little concerned about marketing a home during the winter months due to the external areas not looking at their best. However, our experience suggests that as long as our photography is seasonally appropriate then you should have nothing to worry about. We therefore update the external photos regularly during these times to reflect the relevant conditions. Period homes and stone cottages can feel very cosy during Autum and Winter so get the lamps and the log burner on and let viewers appreciate the homely feeling that these colder months bring with them.
Important points to remember about Lancasters:
- We opened our doors in 1999 and have helped hundreds of people open a new door of their own.
- Being a family owned business, we commit the time and passion to get the best results for our clients. Maintaining a good reputation is paramount to us.
- To give our homes the best possible exposure we advertise via our own, new and mobile friendly website www.lancasters.property, rightmove, zoopla and primelocation.
- With imagery being one of the most important aspects of marketing, to optimize angles and lighting, we have a professional photoshoot as standard together with a quality detailed floorplan
- We pay to advertise via social media which is a rapidly developing marketplace
- Trading 7 days a week from dusk till dawn and ensuring we are contactable out of office hours guarantees that we always there should a prospective buyer make an enquiry
- Lancasters are confident in our high service levels and operate a contract with no sale, no fee and no tie-in period
- We find that comprehensive viewing feedback is essential in guiding our marketing as an ongoing process. We share this information with our clients together with regular progress reports during the marketing and when the sale has been agreed.
- Pro-active marketing via our mailing list ensures buyers don’t miss your home.
- We offer accompanied viewings 7 days a week
We hope to help you get on the move as and when you are ready but remember…Don’t miss the boat!!